Critical Reflection

At the beginning of this module, my goals were to become more open to other people, learn to communicate myself better, examine critically and grow, and develop my ability to think quickly in response to situations. I mostly succeeded in completing this module's objectives. Being open to others was the one thing I was unable to do because I am introverted around strangers and extroverted among close friends. This module taught me how to better reflect by asking myself questions. What did I do, what was the result, what could I have done differently or more effectively, and what would happen if I did this act are the questions. With the Paul Elder Framework that was introduced in this module, I discovered how to think critically. The Paul Elder Framework directs our attention to the intellectual norms that should be incorporated into reasoning as well as the intellectual characteristics that go along with it. Using this framework enables me to respond to situations more effectively by considering the circumstances that led to them, the reasons why they occurred, and potential solutions. Before taking this module, I would usually try to solve a problem by coming up with random ideas that were not practical or applicable. But thanks to this module, I've learnt how to think of solutions and assess their desirability, viability, and practicality. This kind of thinking enables me to assess whether the solution I came up with to address the issue is desirable, implementable, and effective at resolving the issue at hand.

 

 

 

My group ran into a circumstance where our suggested solution was already available on the market as the deadline drew closer, and we were forced to revise our proposal as a result. As a result, we had to develop a different suggested solution for our technical report and presentation. I was able to significantly enhance our original concept and demonstrate its practicality, feasibility, and appeal in the construction industry. Yet, due to their comprehension of the new approach and the limited time available, there were communication issues. My group members were not aware of the answer I came up with because it was something I thought of while talking with my father, who has more than 20 years of experience as a site manager. The idea was originally difficult for my group members to grasp, and they are divided on how it can differentiate itself in the market and help modest private projects like bungalow projects. Because of the disparity between our initial recommended solution and final proposed solution, this produced some uncertainty in my group. My group faced a significant issue in accepting the new approach and understanding how small construction firms may find it desirable and workable. From this experience, I've learned that I should always keep my team members informed so that everyone can stay current and time is not lost in processing last-minute information. I struggled when I tried to describe the solution in the report using only words. I discovered that I need add additional images to describe the solution's appearance and to explain how it will function so that people can comprehend alongside with a short description on how the solution will go.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Yong Keat, for this reflection and all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Introductory Letter

Importance of Communication skills for engineers